RANT

I HATE this. I really, truly do.

I go out today with a group of friends. I actually go on a semi-double-date with my friend, her boyfriend, and their friend. I had fun, went to see The Sorcerer's Apprentice and hung out at the mall. Then spent most of the night with said friend at her house talking. In a really good mood.

I get home, after much harassment about being out late when I'm never out late to begin with. Am asked if I had fun by mom. Yep, lots! How was your day? Etc. I look at my dad and tell him the movie was really good, we'll have to go see it sometime. And I get, "Well, I'll just go by myself."

I HATE THAT.

He always does that. They both do it! They're always telling me to go have fun, do whatever, don't worry. So I do, sometimes. And WHEN I do, I get a passive-aggressive guilt-trip by, oh, he's just kidding, stop getting mad! But it's mean and it hurts my feelings. Because how am I supposed to be a 21 year-old woman and go out and do new things with my friends if I'm made to feel like I should have waited for my parents - and when I do, I usually miss out on said thing anyway. So what the fuck? Hello!

1 comments:

Noelle said...

Yes, that is def annoying, and immature. I love your parents and you know this, but youre right...they shouldnt guilt trip you about that! Like you said, you are a 21 year-old woman and you have every rite to stay out really late and have fun!

Like I said before, I think some of it is becuz they're jealous and as parents they always want their "babies" to be around and its hard for them to except the fact that you're a grown up now and have your own life. I know this isnt an excuse for their behavior however.

Sorry about that crap you get from them sometimes, but hey we all have parents and they all give us crap from time to time! I'm here for ya whenever you need someone to talk to!

Post a Comment