Continued Drabbles

Time
Time always to be slipping away.
I can never get it when I need more.
But when I'm pressed for it, it rushes past, slipping through my fingers like grains of sand.

The hourglass is my enemy,
and the watch is my foe.
They seem to conspire against me.
Sometimes I wonder if I'm fighting a losing battle.

When you're young and old, time seems to stand still.
When you're anything else, you always seem to need more.
I think God has a sense of humor, don't you?
He gives us time when we don't need it; when we do, it's already wasted.

So don't waste the time you've got left.
Get out and do something with it.
Remember that time, no matter how much you have, is a precious commodity.
One we can't afford to buy back.

Hands
The stars seem so far away,
or maybe it's because I'm so lost.
I can't seem to find my way.
I think I need a hand.

If someone would reach out to me
and throw me a lifeline,
I'd gladly take the chance they'd give me
and hold on for the ride.

I can never seem to find the words
that will express what I'm thinking.
Perhaps that's why they say I'm dumb,
or pretend they can't hear me.

I'd substitute your reality for my own,
but that doesn't seem to be working either.
Life can pass you by and so can dreams,
but maybe that's what makes life worth living.

Taking risks - disappointments,
to me it's all the same.
I don't want my heart broken,
but it's bound to be along the way.

When I need help, I'll make a choice,
to be all I can be.
Maybe someday someone will see me for who I am.
Until then, I'll just have to try and see myself for me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment