Drabbles

Here are some short poems I wrote a few years ago. Just wanted to share. They're not very good, but maybe someone will get something out of them.


Don't Mean Much
Ignore me. Belittle me.
Make me feel worthless.
Don't look at my tears, they don't mean much anymore.

I'm just me. I don't dazzle.
I stay quiet. I stay calm.
Don't look at my hands, they don't do much anymore.

I don't ask for help. I just try.
I try to ignore the empty feeling inside.
Don't look at my lips, they don't say much anymore.

Help me. Love me.
Make me feel wanted.
Don't look at me, I don't mean much anymore.

Life's Journey
Follow me down the lane.
See the leaves fall down again?
Walk with me until the twilight,
under the far-away moon, so bright.

Hold my hand and I'll hold yours.
I'll never pull you with too much force.
Stay beside me for all my days,
and I will help you ease your pain.

Friends, lovers, husband and wife.
They use those words to describe our life.
All I know is that we've never failed,
or looked with regret on our life's trail.

I'm a Sock! 
How would I feel if I was a sock?
Always being pushed around, pulled on something, pushed in something.
I think I'd hate the shoe.
Mean ol' smelly shoe.
I think I want to be a polka-dot sock.
Or maybe I'll have stripes, like a prison sock.
What about a solid sock? Too boring.
Holey socks are no fun.
Maybe I'll be a toe sock, ten little mes warming ten little toes.
I'd be a thick thermal sock, keeping toes nice and warm.
I don't want to be a sock puppet.
What about a slipper-sock? The ones with soles on the bottom.
No shoes!
Never mind. Being a sock is more work than I thought.

1 comments:

Dominique said...

The sock one made me smile. It's so cute!

Post a Comment