Looking Up

This week was one of many firsts!

I started classes at George Mason. Criminal Law, Criminal Ethics, English 300, and Juvenile Delinquency. I'm enjoying them and it's only the first week, so here's hoping that continues. Projects for all them, but nothing that made me go, "OhmygodImdead!!" Here's hoping that keeps up or I shall write my last words here before drowning myself or something equally drastic.

Went to see Disturbed and Avenged Sevenfold on Tuesday with my dad and brother, who has returned from boot camp an official Private of the United States Army. Haelstorm opened and completely blew my ears out. Literally - they're still ringing two days later. But the concert has to be one of the best ones I've been to. First time I danced around, although I did not do the arm-waving and all that. Just kind of hopped around. Lots of energy, it was amazing! And got beer spilled on me, so had to wash my clothes at one in the morning. -_- My brother offered to do it, but I felt bad making him to my laundry, although I wasn't the one who dirtied it.

Also find myself in a sort-of-relationship. I say sort-of because we've agreed we like each other and want to see each other, but it's only been a few days so I'm tip-toeing. Just nervous, I don't want to screw anything up! So changed facebook status to 'in a relationship' because I could not think of an easier way to tell all my friends at the old campus - a rowdy bunch - I was dating one of their friends without inciting a huge scene. But, I don't want to pretend I'm not seeing him because that makes it look like I'm leading him on and that's just not right at all, since I do really like him. He's very nice, a little older than me with two kids from a previous marriage and you can tell he just loves them so much. We'll see how it goes, I'm keeping my hopes up instead of automatically thinking the worst. I want things to work! It sounds corny, but there just seems to be a connection I've never had with another guy, even my ex for two years.

Overall, I'm very happy. Stress at home, but I can leave whenever I want and hide at the campus, so it works out in the end. I have wonderful friends who are there for me, a great guy who wants to be with me, and things in my first semester of a university don't seem so intimidating. Life is finally settling in for me, I really want everything to work out. I don't think I've ever wished that so much in my life, usually I just tend to roll with the punches. This time, I'm actively hoping things go well, if that makes any sense. Not just, "Oh, I hope things go good." I'm literally trying to will it to happen! I think I deserve to be happy and everything is sort of happening at once, in a good way.

I realized I haven't posted in a while, partly due to stress and lack of time to actually sit down and write. But my first week is conquered and I hope to report on a second excellent week as the days go on!

0 comments:

Post a Comment