Drahoušek

Yes, she lives! Uzume rises from the ashes like the proverbial phoenix.

Wow. So much has happened to me since the last time I posted. I conquered midterms for GMU, as well as crushing depression that had me seriously considering just ending it - oh, screw putting it nicely. I was thinking about suicide, eating a lot of pills and just not waking up again.
Luckily, I had my friends and my dad to pull me from that abyss. It still lingers in the back of my mind, but not as a serious thought. More like an echo of the despair that's still deep inside me. It's not something I can just erase with one shot, but I am able to ignore the call of the easy way out.

I also think I might have found someone whom I can count on. I don't want to go into detail, just because it's something I don't want to jinx. It's someone I've known for over four years and there's always been something between us. He's always been there for me and a good friend. I recently got to talk to him over the phone, something we do frequently now, and I enjoy it. I'm confused, but it's in a good way. I've never felt quite like I am now and my friends tell me I'm acting "more like you". I didn't know I wasn't acting like me! But apparently I am now, I'm happier and just "more me" is all I can get out of them. They say it's hard to explain.

One of my two best friends is moving before Christmas to Seattle to live with her uncle and his family. I'm really sad about that, I'll miss her. But at the same time, I know it's something that's important for her and will help her, so I'm happy about it. And we can talk, Skype, and text, so at least I'll be able to contact her!

Finals are around the corner and another semester will be conquered. My friend is visiting from Florida in January over my break and I'm so excited about it! It's definitely something to look forward to with all this studying in my near future.

Well, I wish everyone luck for the holiday season, in case I don't post again for a while!

1 comments:

Noelle said...

I'm so glad you're doing much better! Keep focusing on the good stuff and looking forward to your friend's visit. It's something to keep your mind off the negative things in life. Love you!

Post a Comment