Blah, blah, blah....

No, this is not that godforsaken Ke$ha song. And you know how long it took me to figure out how to pronounce her name? I won't even go there.

No, instead this is just my random musings since I'm pretty bored and have no motivation to do anything productive whatsoever. This doesn't count, since it in no way furthers my ambitions to rule the world and then delegate pretty much everything anyway. Which is why I don't really plan on taking over the world - in reality, it'd be way too much responsibility and far too much effort for not a great amount of results.

Finished up my first semester at GMU with an A- and three Bs. Considering how stressed out I've been all freakin' semester, I'm inordinately pleased with those grades. I want to get As all next semester, as a matter of personal ethical pride, but I'm happy with these. I told my dad that if he wanted to motivate me to finish my degree instead of dropping out after this spring, he could start saving up for a trip to take me to California. NOT the beach! I want to see the redwood forests before they die off. They're already starting to, all the smog from LA and the surrounding cities gets caught in the atmosphere sink above the forests and kills the trees from all the chemicals. That's something I learned last spring in my biology class and I still remember almost everything I learned. Best biology class ever.

Wow, tangent alert!

Roleplay. It's a dirty word to most people who I know. To them, it means those scary people who get obsessed over internet identities - or worse, those people who dress up as their characters and actually act it out. Other than Broadway, I think it's called LARPing or something. I know nothing of it, other than what I've heard on the rumor mill. I roleplay (RP) with some friends over the internet - one has been going on for about three years now, actually, on and off as dictated by schoolwork and family.
Why do I like it? Well, for once, I'm a writer and I like RPing because it keeps my mind active and in practice. RPing with other people gives me new ideas and helps me develop better characters in response to another person's actions, rather than just me dictating everything. Plus, it's just fun to take out your moods on a character, making up the most ridiculous situations with no one to criticize, as we just do it for the fun of it.
I do know some people who are very serious about it and they scare me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment