Life

I've decided that I'm not ready to date yet.

For one thing, it causes way too much drama with my family that I just don't have the energy - emotionally or physically - to deal with right now. But that's not the main reason, not at all.

I think I'm just not ready, period. Yes, I miss the intimacy, both sexual and emotional. But that's not enough, I think, to start dating. I was with my stupid ex for almost three years and I've only been single for seven months. While in context that seems like a good amount of time, relatively I don't think it is. I think I'm still too emotionally clingy and - dare I say - vulnerable. What could be a fling for someone else and for me could turn into something more on my end, simply because of that attachment. I do want the intimacy and being with someone, all that stuff.

Which is exactly why I don't think I should date. Desperate, I am not. I know that. However, I do think I'm still at the stage where I could fall for the first guy to show me 'love' and I don't want to go through that again. I'm 21 years old, single and starting my life anew this fall. I've grown up over the summer, lost a lot of weight, made drastic changes in my life - I want to enjoy it.

Plain and simple: I don't think I want to be tied down in any way, shape or form just yet. I want to enjoy what I've got right now and roll with what life throws at me.

2 comments:

Noelle said...

Awww well I think it's very mature of you to be able to step back and look at everything and make sure you're doing the right thing for yourself. Way to go you! I'm here for ya if you wanna talk again

Dominique said...

You go girl!

Post a Comment